Saturday, October 2, 2010

Faberfaction

Aah, 10 down.

I really like this theatre company. Everyone was so nice, and the building felt peaceful. Also, it is only 30 minutes from my house.

I did get lost on the way, so when I arrived, I needed some decompression time. They let other people go in front of me (much appreciated). I used my time to collect my thoughts and run through the monologue in my head a few more times.

Then, it was my turn. Yeay! I walked in there w/ my crazy black and white heels, my zany canary yellow tights, black mini skirt, black and white poka dot shirt and 3" silver earrings. I had a lot of fun picking out this outfit that I hoped would help the casting director see me in the show.

The pianist was very nice, but we did not communicate effectively and he wasn't w/ me the entire bit I sang. Then I sang part of "Fighter" by Christina Agulara. This was w/ my ipod plugged in and I could have prepped this one more. Then, I gave them my monologue, and I really felt that they were with me as I delivered the lines. You know that feeling when it's as though the audience is breathing with you.

They thanked me and wanted to know if I was called back, would I be available Monday from 3-5. Absoluately! They said they would email out a call back list by 10:00 p.m.

So I went on my merry way. I felt good about the experience even though I could honestly have prepped more. When I checked my email, there was a list of people being considered for the roles and I wasn't on the list. But the message said that everyone getting the email was "still being considered for a role in the show." I just don't need to go to call backs.

I honestly hope I am being considered for the chorus. Which would be a safe assumption at this point :) I LOVE dancing with other people, and belting one of the leads would probably not be good for my voice with my current level of training, and the two female parts I could be are quite raunchy and though it's acting, I wonder how spending that much time "as a character" would change my not acting life. And, there's more time for camaraderie in the chorus.

So that's the story. I can't wait for another!


No comments:

Post a Comment